The NEDEA is a non-profit organization. Its purpose is to foster, maintain and support an effective relationship between NEDians, their families and the NEDEA University of Engineering and Technology (NEDUET). The Board of Directors, comprised of NEDUET alumni, governs the Association by setting policy, providing guidance for the programs and activities, and represents the interests of alumni to the NEDUET.
A dedicated Board of Directors will work diligently to promote programs that foster NEDian traditions of uniting their families and disseminate a desire for a lifelong involvement with NEDUET.
The overall purpose and objectives of NEDEA are:
- Engage the diverse interests, talents and backgrounds found within NEDians that benefits itself and NEDUET.
- Nurture and cherish the special bonds that connect the NEDians and their families to each other and to the NEDUET.
- Preserve the rich history of NED by celebrating our traditions and building upon the accomplishments of our alumni and the University.
- Encourage NEDians to respond to the needs of the NEDUET and to honor our tradition by sharing our knowledge, talents, resources, and time with those in need in the Chicagoland in particular and NEDians and their families in North America.
- Raise the level of excellence in all areas of work. Actively solicit feedback and utilize our resources to continue to help each other as well as our families in the Chicagoland.
- Work with the NEDIAN-NA in collaborative efforts that enhances the current state of NEDUET.
The by-laws that exist provide criteria and authority for functioning of NEDEA under the State of Illinois laws.